Small Business United
Small Business United is a diverse group of business owners cultivating change in Miami through leadership and innovation.
As the back-bone of Miami’s economy, small businesses employ over half of our community’s workforce. One of the city’s hardest hit sectors following the onset of COVID-19, this unique group finds resiliency in comradery and connection. Members of Small Business United are empowered by culture, experience and the perseverance of our neighbors and friends. They adapt, grow and work tirelessly to change the future of our city. Members enjoy personal and professional opportunities to connect, grow their business and elevate company culture.
Join like-minded small business owners in discovering new and innovative ways to get involved in our community
Network with community leaders and participate in professional development opportunities
Activate leadership skills through seminars, workshops and business coaching
Give back with community service projects that leave lasting and measurable impact
Be a stakeholder in Miami’s future. Become a game changer.
As a member of Small Business United, you can make an impact in people’s lives as you grow and achieve your business objectives. Exclusive virtual and socially distanced in-person opportunities include:
- Access to networking with community leaders
- Invitations to signature events and activities contributing to the community’s progress in education, financial stability, and health
- Brand exposure and recognition
- Invitations to professional development opportunities including: Business Breakfast series, volunteer projects, workshops and seminars, business happy hours, webinars and business coaching
- Employee benefits include access to a wide range of United Way services such as the FamilyWize discount prescription savings program, free tax preparation through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, lunch and learn seminars for employees, and access to volunteer projects
Small Business United Annual Donation Levels and Benefits
- Certificate of support
- Company listed on unitedwaymiami.org
- Mention in United Way’s general communications
- Access to United Way’s giving communities
- Networking events
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to open volunteer events
In addition to $1,000 benefits
- Logo listed on unitedwaymiami.org
- Social media mentions
- Membership for 2 employees total in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United, or Continue United
Employee resources (FamilyWize discount card, VITA expert tax preparation, United Way Center for Financial Stability)
- 1 managed employee volunteer opportunities
- Lunch and Learn Seminars (Example topics are Money Management, How to Improve Your Credit Score, Budget 101, and Parent Resources)
- Discounted ticket packages for selected United Way events
In addition to $2,500 benefits
- Logo linked to your website
- Membership for 1 additional employee in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United, or Continue United
- 1 additional managed employee volunteer opportunity
- Opportunity for additional feature in printed and/or digital assets
- Opportunity to be highlighted at an event
- Entered into a drawing for CEO to attend the Tocqueville Society Grand Reception
- Preferred seating at Small Business United events
- Complimentary access to selected events
In addition to $5,000 benefits
- 2 additional managed employee volunteer opportunity
- Membership for one to United Way Tocqueville Society, an influential group of business, civic, and philanthropic leaders who share a passion for the community
- Opportunity to attend monthly Tocqueville Tuesday events
- Attend the Tocqueville Society Grand Reception
- Listed as a sponsor of a giving community event
- Invitation to attend Annual Meeting and Volunteer Awards
- Opportunity to receive tickets from our donated sporting event ticket inventory
For this month’s Small Business Spotlight, we catch up with EPGD Business LawMore Small Business Spotlights
Small Business Spotlight
Tell us about your business; and what is your business philosophy?
EPGD Business Law is the Entrepreneur’s Law Firm. We provide representation and assistance to businesses, corporations, employers, consumers, and individuals with the resources and sophistication of a large firm combined with the individualized service and responsiveness of a boutique. We believe in: Results, Attention to Detail, and Client Relationships. We are passionate about providing effective legal results to businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals.
Why are you passionate about your commitment to United Way?
As an owner of a law firm that represents many Entrepreneurs, I find a deep connection to United Way Miami’s mission; prioritizing education, health, and financial stability in Miami. It is essential to give back and I find that joining United Way Miami is another way to get involved in our community. I have been fortunate enough to build my own business from the ground up and United Way makes it possible to assist others with opportunities they may also dream of.
How did your business get started?
My career has brought me in contact with one mentor who was an amazing salesman and marketing wizard, and another who was a brilliant lawyer with amazing customer service. I saw the opportunity to marry the two philosophies, and to try to build a full service Entrepreneur “one stop shop” law firm experience. My good friend Brian said “why don’t you just quit your job, start your own firm, and rent a desk in my office.” As they say, the rest is history.
What is a lesson you have learned?
Value being a generalist and then surround yourself with specialists. By having a more broad exposure to the law, you will be able to expand the horizons of people you can connect with.
What’s your favorite quote?
“If you are willing to do only what’s easy, life will be hard. But if you are willing to do what’s hard, life will be easy.” – T. Harv Eker
Search and access local partners business