Small Business United
Small Business United is a diverse group of business owners cultivating change in Miami through leadership and innovation.
As the back-bone of Miami’s economy, small businesses employ over half of our community’s workforce. One of the city’s hardest hit sectors following the onset of COVID-19, this unique group finds resiliency in comradery and connection. Members of Small Business United are empowered by culture, experience and the perseverance of our neighbors and friends. They adapt, grow and work tirelessly to change the future of our city. Members enjoy personal and professional opportunities to connect, grow their business and elevate company culture.
Join like-minded small business owners in discovering new and innovative ways to get involved in our community
Network with community leaders and participate in professional development opportunities
Activate leadership skills through seminars, workshops and business coaching
Give back with community service projects that leave lasting and measurable impact
Be a stakeholder in Miami’s future. Become a game changer.
As a member of Small Business United, you can make an impact in people’s lives as you grow and achieve your business objectives. Exclusive virtual and socially distanced in-person opportunities include:
- Access to networking with community leaders
- Invitations to signature events and activities contributing to the community’s progress in education, financial stability, and health
- Brand exposure and recognition
- Invitations to professional development opportunities including: Business Breakfast series, volunteer projects, workshops and seminars, business happy hours, webinars and business coaching
- Employee benefits include access to a wide range of United Way services such as the FamilyWize discount prescription savings program, free tax preparation through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, lunch and learn seminars for employees, and access to volunteer projects
Small Business United Annual Donation Levels and Benefits
- Certificate of support
- Company listed on unitedwaymiami.org
- Mention in United Way’s general communications
- Access to United Way’s giving communities
- Networking events
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to open volunteer events
In addition to $1,000 benefits
- Logo listed on unitedwaymiami.org
- Social media mentions
- Membership for 2 employees total in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United, or Continue United
Employee resources (FamilyWize discount card, VITA expert tax preparation, United Way Center for Financial Stability)
- 1 managed employee volunteer opportunities
- Lunch and Learn Seminars (Example topics are Money Management, How to Improve Your Credit Score, Budget 101, and Parent Resources)
- Discounted ticket packages for selected United Way events
In addition to $2,500 benefits
- Logo linked to your website
- Membership for 1 additional employee in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United, or Continue United
- 1 additional managed employee volunteer opportunity
- Opportunity for additional feature in printed and/or digital assets
- Opportunity to be highlighted at an event
- Entered into a drawing for CEO to attend the Tocqueville Society Grand Reception
- Preferred seating at Small Business United events
- Complimentary access to selected events
In addition to $5,000 benefits
- 2 additional managed employee volunteer opportunity
- Membership for one to United Way Tocqueville Society, an influential group of business, civic, and philanthropic leaders who share a passion for the community
- Opportunity to attend monthly Tocqueville Tuesday events
- Attend the Tocqueville Society Grand Reception
- Listed as a sponsor of a giving community event
- Invitation to attend Annual Meeting and Volunteer Awards
- Opportunity to receive tickets from our donated sporting event ticket inventory
For this month’s Small Business Spotlight, we catch up with Face. Brow & Beauty BarMore Small Business Spotlights
Small Business Spotlight
Tell us about your business; and what is your business philosophy?
My business specializes in facial esthetics – we specializing in eyebrows, lashes, facials and makeup services. Our philosophy is to make the client look and feel their best as naturally as possible, from organic skincare to enhancing natural brows and lashes. We look to build a trusting, long-term relationship with our clients, and to be a reliable resource on their personal and esthetic journeys.
Why are you passionate about your commitment to United Way?
I love what the United Way does for our community, and how they help so many diverse non-profits, but I also love how they bring together like-minded individuals who want to better our community, foster leadership and commit to making a change. I have built many wonderful through school revitalization projects, community food packing days, and serving on various leadership committees throughout my years at United Way.
How did your business get started?
I started this business after noticing a void in boutique facial esthetics in Brickell. I owned a hair salon at the time; listening to the needs of my clients and what they were missing coupled with a strong entrepreneurial background, led to the inevitable creation of Face. Brow & Beauty Bar! We were able to to service all of our existing salon clients, and the new ones that needed us in the area! Now we have clients that come from as far as Miramar and Ft Lauderdale, to LA and NY, to experience our talented staff and excellent service!
What is a lesson you have learned?
Technology can be applied to any business! We are one of the only salons in the area that allows clients to book online, via text, email, and third-party review apps, and we use an AI bot to assist clients when it’s busy or clients cannot speak via phone. Clients love the ease of booking on their own terms and our staff loves being able to focus on what they do best!
What’s your favorite quote?
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
Search and access local partners business