Small Business United
Small Business United is a diverse group of business owners cultivating change in Miami through leadership and innovation.
As the back-bone of Miami’s economy, small businesses employ over half of our community’s workforce. One of the city’s hardest hit sectors following the onset of COVID-19, this unique group finds resiliency in comradery and connection. Members of Small Business United are empowered by culture, experience and the perseverance of our neighbors and friends. They adapt, grow and work tirelessly to change the future of our city. Members enjoy personal and professional opportunities to connect, grow their business and elevate company culture.
Join like-minded small business owners in discovering new and innovative ways to get involved in our community
Network with community leaders and participate in professional development opportunities
Activate leadership skills through seminars, workshops and business coaching
Give back with community service projects that leave lasting and measurable impact
Be a stakeholder in Miami’s future. Become a game changer.
As a member of Small Business United, you can make an impact in people’s lives as you grow and achieve your business objectives. Exclusive virtual and socially distanced in-person opportunities include:
- Access to networking with community leaders
- Invitations to signature events and activities contributing to the community’s progress in education, financial stability, and health
- Brand exposure and recognition
- Invitations to professional development opportunities including: Business Breakfast series, volunteer projects, workshops and seminars, business happy hours, webinars and business coaching
- Employee benefits include access to a wide range of United Way services such as the FamilyWize discount prescription savings program, free tax preparation through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, lunch and learn seminars for employees, and access to volunteer projects
Make a difference in countless lives with an annual investment of $1,000 or more.Join Us
I want to learn more about small business unitedContact Me
Want to learn more about joining this thriving group?
Contact us at 305.646.7163 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Small Business United Annual Donation Levels and Benefits
- Certificate of support
- Company listed on unitedwaymiami.org
- Mention in United Way’s general communications
- Access to United Way’s giving communities
- Networking events
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to open volunteer events
In addition to $1,000 benefits
- Logo listed on unitedwaymiami.org
- Social media mentions
- Membership for 2 employees total in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United, or Continue United
Employee resources (FamilyWize discount card, VITA expert tax preparation, United Way Center for Financial Stability)
- 1 managed employee volunteer opportunities
- Lunch and Learn Seminars (Example topics are Money Management, How to Improve Your Credit Score, Budget 101, and Parent Resources)
- Discounted ticket packages for selected United Way events
In addition to $2,500 benefits
- Logo linked to your website
- Membership for 1 additional employee in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United, or Continue United
- 1 additional managed employee volunteer opportunity
- Opportunity for additional feature in printed and/or digital assets
- Opportunity to be highlighted at an event
- Entered into a drawing for CEO to attend the Tocqueville Society Grand Reception
- Preferred seating at Small Business United events
- Complimentary access to selected events
In addition to $5,000 benefits
- 2 additional managed employee volunteer opportunity
- Membership for one to United Way Tocqueville Society, an influential group of business, civic, and philanthropic leaders who share a passion for the community
- Opportunity to attend monthly Tocqueville Tuesday events
- Attend the Tocqueville Society Grand Reception
- Listed as a sponsor of a giving community event
- Invitation to attend Annual Meeting and Volunteer Awards
- Opportunity to receive tickets from our donated sporting event ticket inventory
Small Business United Partners
$1,000 Donation Level
For this month’s Small Business Spotlight, we catch up with Bergman Family LawMore Small Business Spotlights
Small Business Spotlight
Tell us about your business; and what is your business philosophy?
Bergman Family Law is a law firm exclusively focused on family law. BFL strives to provide quality legal services to its clients while emphasizing guiding clients through the difficult process of divorce and other family law matters. BFL promotes decency in dealing with its clients, ex-spouses, and opposing counsel. BFL firmly believes that you can aggressively advocate for its clients while maintaining civility towards people.
Why are you passionate about your commitment to United Way?
United Way is an organization with an expansive reach that helps the community in more ways than I can probably type here. It’s an honor to be a small part of the organization’s overall impact.
How did your business get started?
During the early months of COVID, when most things were closed and I was spending all day at home with my wife and two children, I felt it was the time to start building something that was my own. Family Law has always been a field that I was passionate about and with the new emphasis on my own family, I felt it was the right time to transition and devote myself to Family Law. In May 2020 I began the exploratory process of building a law firm. By July 2020 BFL was up and running and it has been a great start to what I hope will be a law firm that serves South Florida for decades to come.
What is a lesson you have learned?
Being organized is the key to success and managing stress. Emails, calendar invites, text messages, motions, other court filings come in all day. I am a visual person so find that it is important to make lists of daily tasks and other tasks that need to be completed throughout the week. When something is done, I cross it off and move on to the next task. Every Saturday morning I tentatively organize the upcoming week and tie up any loose ends from the previous week. I double-check my calendar, emails, etc., to make sure everything is logged and organized. I have found that by establishing this process, I am able to focus on the work and not worry that I am forgetting about something important.
What’s your favorite quote?
“Just try to be decent.” Władysław Bartoszewski,
Search and access local partners business
Tocqueville Society Grand Reception honoring The Wolfson Family
Mar 28, 07:00 pm - 09:00 pm
Category: Tocqueville SocietyLearn More
The 22nd Annual Mayor’s Ball
Jun 17, 07:30 pm - 07:30 pm
Category: General admissionLearn More