Small Business United
Small Business United is a diverse group of business owners cultivating change in Miami through leadership and innovation.
As the back-bone of Miami’s economy, small businesses employ over half of our community’s workforce. One of the city’s hardest hit sectors following the onset of COVID-19, this unique group finds resiliency in comradery and connection. Members of Small Business United are empowered by culture, experience and the perseverance of our neighbors and friends. They adapt, grow and work tirelessly to change the future of our city. Members enjoy personal and professional opportunities to connect, grow their business and elevate company culture.
Join like-minded small business owners in discovering new and innovative ways to get involved in our community
Network with community leaders and participate in professional development opportunities
Activate leadership skills through seminars, workshops and business coaching
Give back with community service projects that leave lasting and measurable impact
Be a stakeholder in Miami’s future. Become a game changer.
As a member of Small Business United, you can make an impact in people’s lives as you grow and achieve your business objectives. Exclusive virtual and socially distanced in-person opportunities include:
- Access to networking with community leaders
- Invitations to signature events and activities contributing to the community’s progress in education, financial stability, and health
- Brand exposure and recognition
- Invitations to professional development opportunities including: Business Breakfast series, volunteer projects, workshops and seminars, business happy hours, webinars and business coaching
- Employee benefits include access to a wide range of United Way services such as the FamilyWize discount prescription savings program, free tax preparation through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, lunch and learn seminars for employees, and access to volunteer projects
Want to learn more about joining this thriving group?
Contact us at email@example.com.
Small Business United Annual Donation Levels and Benefits
- Certificate of support
- Company listed on unitedwaymiami.org
- Mention in United Way’s general communications
- Access to United Way’s giving communities
- Networking events
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to open volunteer events
In addition to $1,000 benefits
- Logo listed on unitedwaymiami.org
- Social media mentions
- Membership for 2 employees total in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United, or Continue United
Employee resources (FamilyWize discount card, VITA expert tax preparation, United Way Center for Financial Stability)
- 1 managed employee volunteer opportunities
- Lunch and Learn Seminars (Example topics are Money Management, How to Improve Your Credit Score, Budget 101, and Parent Resources)
- Discounted ticket packages for selected United Way events
In addition to $2,500 benefits
- Logo linked to your website
- Membership for 1 additional employee in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United, or Continue United
- 1 additional managed employee volunteer opportunity
- Opportunity for additional feature in printed and/or digital assets
- Opportunity to be highlighted at an event
- Entered into a drawing for CEO to attend the Tocqueville Society Grand Reception
- Preferred seating at Small Business United events
- Complimentary access to selected events
In addition to $5,000 benefits
- 2 additional managed employee volunteer opportunity
- Membership for one to United Way Tocqueville Society, an influential group of business, civic, and philanthropic leaders who share a passion for the community
- Opportunity to attend monthly Tocqueville Tuesday events
- Attend the Tocqueville Society Grand Reception
- Listed as a sponsor of a giving community event
- Invitation to attend Annual Meeting and Volunteer Awards
- Opportunity to receive tickets from our donated sporting event ticket inventory
For this month’s Small Business Spotlight, we catch up with Midnight Cookies and CreamMore Small Business Spotlights
Small Business Spotlight
Tell us about your business; and what is your business philosophy?
We are a cookie and dessert shop located in the Westchester neighborhood of Miami. We specialize in decadent cookies with ice cream and milkshakes to match. Our business philosophy is lead with empathy and integrity and results will follow.
Why are you passionate about your commitment to United Way?
Son’s of imigrants who moved to Miami with a dollar (not much more) and dreams of freedom and prosperity we had the good fortune of growing up with both thanks to the hard work of our parents and community that embraced us. Unfortunately, Miami is not a city without faults where inequity exists when it comes to Education, Health and Financial Stability, all things that United Way works tirelessly to fight for. It’s now our duty to do what we can with our resources to give back to a city that has afforded us so much.
How did your business get started?
With two owners with polar opposite backgrounds, one a nuclear engineer for the US. Navy and the other a sports marketer, we found a common ground in something everyone loves, dessert. We purchased the store in April 2022 with hopes of expansion in the near future.
What is a lesson you have learned?
Lead by example and take care of your employees. When you take care of them they will take care of your customer.
What’s your favorite quote?
Stay the course. I have this written on my desk and it’s a daily reminder that when things get hard, you must stay the course just as you would when you have positive momentum because the tough times might be just around the corner
Search and access local partners business