Small Business United
Small Business United is a diverse group of business owners cultivating change in Miami through leadership and innovation.
As the back-bone of Miami’s economy, small businesses employ over half of our community’s workforce. One of the city’s hardest hit sectors following the onset of COVID-19, this unique group finds resiliency in comradery and connection. Members of Small Business United are empowered by culture, experience and the perseverance of our neighbors and friends. They adapt, grow and work tirelessly to change the future of our city. Members enjoy personal and professional opportunities to connect, grow their business and elevate company culture.
Join like-minded small business owners in discovering new and innovative ways to get involved in our community
Network with community leaders and participate in professional development opportunities
Activate leadership skills through seminars, workshops and business coaching
Give back with community service projects that leave lasting and measurable impact
Be a stakeholder in Miami’s future. Become a game changer.
As a member of Small Business United, you can make an impact in people’s lives as you grow and achieve your business objectives. Exclusive virtual and socially distanced in-person opportunities include:
- Access to networking with community leaders
- Invitations to signature events and activities contributing to the community’s progress in education, financial stability, and health
- Brand exposure and recognition
- Invitations to professional development opportunities including: Business Breakfast series, volunteer projects, workshops and seminars, business happy hours, webinars and business coaching
- Employee benefits include access to a wide range of United Way services such as the FamilyWize discount prescription savings program, free tax preparation through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, lunch and learn seminars for employees, and access to volunteer projects
Small Business United Annual Donation Levels and Benefits
- Certificate of support
- Company listed on unitedwaymiami.org
- Mention in United Way’s general communications
- Access to United Way’s giving communities
- Networking events
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to open volunteer events
In addition to $1,000 benefits
- Logo listed on unitedwaymiami.org
- Social media mentions
- Membership for 2 employees total in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United, or Continue United
Employee resources (FamilyWize discount card, VITA expert tax preparation, United Way Center for Financial Stability)
- 1 managed employee volunteer opportunities
- Lunch and Learn Seminars (Example topics are Money Management, How to Improve Your Credit Score, Budget 101, and Parent Resources)
- Discounted ticket packages for selected United Way events
In addition to $2,500 benefits
- Logo linked to your website
- Membership for 1 additional employee in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United, or Continue United
- 1 additional managed employee volunteer opportunity
- Opportunity for additional feature in printed and/or digital assets
- Opportunity to be highlighted at an event
- Entered into a drawing for CEO to attend the Tocqueville Society Grand Reception
- Preferred seating at Small Business United events
- Complimentary access to selected events
In addition to $5,000 benefits
- 2 additional managed employee volunteer opportunity
- Membership for one to United Way Tocqueville Society, an influential group of business, civic, and philanthropic leaders who share a passion for the community
- Opportunity to attend monthly Tocqueville Tuesday events
- Attend the Tocqueville Society Grand Reception
- Listed as a sponsor of a giving community event
- Invitation to attend Annual Meeting and Volunteer Awards
- Opportunity to receive tickets from our donated sporting event ticket inventory
For this month’s Small Business Spotlight, we catch up with DigitalEra.More Small Business Spotlights
Small Business Spotlight
Tell us about your business; and what is your business philosophy?
DigitalEra dedicates to providing cybersecurity solutions and services to businesses, education and governmental agencies throughout the US and Latin America. DigitalEra provides expert guidance on use as well as ongoing security counsel and insights that help our clients prevent security breaches and mitigate threats.
Why are you passionate about your commitment to United Way?
I’ve always had a strong drive to spark economic development growth through local community contributions. United Way has been a great decision since I first joined years back; giving me great networking opportunities, while giving back to the community.
How did your business get started?
DigitalEra began operations in 1985 under the name of Digital Enhancements as a call center systems operations and service support company for a leading IT products distributor. A decade after, the company gained broad technology experience in the support of IT product distribution activities that expanded to 32 companies in the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean. Given our success, in the year 2000, Digitalera was formally born as a cybersecurity firm to address the rapidly growing challenges of keeping your business secure.
What is a lesson you have learned?
Communication is a vital key to success in every business regardless its size, industry, etc. A proper business communication strategy is crucial for building a sustainable company culture; and at the same time means better customer satisfaction. We take pride in building great customer relationships and going deep within their business to understand their specific needs, budget, and security posture in order to keep their business safe while they focus on growing it.
What’s your favorite quote?
“Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
Search and access local partners business
Small Business Grant Opportunity
Monetary grants to help small, minority-owned businesses challenged by the pandemic. Application period October 1-14, 2021.
Learn more at ComcastRISE.com