United Way Miami and the Older Adult Advocacy Task Force (OAAT) are delighted to invite you to a thought-provoking event sponsored by AARP Florida that aims to shape the future of aging in Miami-Dade County.
Join Miami-Dade County’s experts in aging and elected officials at the Aging with Dignity & Public Policy event to learn about the challenges older adults face and how laws, regulations and public policies can help our community age gracefully and with respect.
Tuesday, October 3
8 – 12 pm
No cost to attend. Breakfast provided.
For more information about this event and how to join, please contact email@example.com.
AARP Florida, Director of Advocacy
Panel 1: Healthy Aging: The Correct Care for the Correct Patient
Ensuring older adults receive appropriate care, at the right time and in the right place can be complex and costly. Join us for an insightful discussion on various healthcare delivery models and insurance coverage options, including home- and community-based services, long-term care, congregate living, guardianship and Medicaid.
- Moderator: Jeff Johnson, AARP Florida, State Director
- Florida State Representative David Borrero, District 111
- Gabriel Parra, The Arc of South Florida, Executive Director/CEO
- Yolanda Herrera, The Arc of South Florida, Parent & Advocate
Panel 2: Financial Stability & Consumer Protection
Even a lifetime of employment doesn’t shield older adults from the financial uncertainties of aging, from inflation to healthcare costs. They are more vulnerable to financial risks like fraud and exploitation. Join us to explore initiatives dedicated to securing the financial well-being of older adults.
- Moderator: Latasha Moore, United Way Miami, Director of Center for Financial Stability
- Florida State Senator Ileana Garcia, District 36
- Deanza Valencia, AARP, Government Affairs Director