In Miami-Dade, 54% of all households are either living in, or are one emergency away from, poverty. For these ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) families, receiving free tax return assistance from IRS-certified volunteers can help set them on the road to financial stability and prosperity.
United Way of Miami-Dade is advocating to expand these programs to help more families.
Supporting families in crisis, building for the future
- Support keeping Floridians in their homes and mitigating the long-term impacts facing people who are evicted from their homes
- Increase access to affordable housing by appropriating all Sadowski Housing Trust Funds for their intended purpose
- Capitalize on opportunities to enhance Florida workforce development activities and initiatives
Learn more about our plan for affordable housing and help make a difference.
Supporting Florida’s Veterans
Many veterans face major challenges transitioning back into civilian life and may have service-related health issues that can severely impact their family and work lives.
Transition challenges include reconnecting with family and re-establishing family roles, becoming part of the community, entering the civilian workforce (perhaps for the first time) or returning to a job, adapting to a different pace of life and work, creating structure and adjusting to providing basic necessities (e.g., food, clothing, housing) previously provided by the military.
Florida’s United Ways support numerous efforts to assist the Sunshine State’s 1.5 million veterans. MISSION UNITED is an initiative at several United Ways that support U.S. military veterans and their families as they re-acclimate to civilian life.
- Support a MISSION UNITED initiative to enhance system navigation utilizing peer support to ensure every veteran and their family that needs assistance has an in-person contact that they can utilize to access services beyond the referral process to align with the Florida Department of Veterans Affairs
- Support recommendations of the 2019 FDVA Forward March report to reinforce best practices, reduce redundancies and implement solutions to fill gaps
Learn more about our plan to support Florida’s Veterans.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call (305) 646-7093.