New members include Miami’s top business, community and education leaders committed to United Way’s mission
United Way of Miami-Dade announced new additions to the 2019-20 Board of Directors. Elected at the 95th Annual Meeting on June 18 by the incumbent board and trustees, these business and community leaders bring their knowledge and talent along with a steadfast commitment to forwarding United Way’s mission.
New board members include:
- Alberto de Cardenas, executive vice president, corporate general counsel, MasTec, Inc.
- Francisco “Paco” Gonzalez, market president, Miami-Dade, SunTrust Bank
- Kim Griffin-Hunter, managing partner, Miami, Deloitte
- Seth R. Kaplan, shareholder, Gunster
- Juan Carlos Liscano, vice president, Miami Hub Operations, American Airlines
- Aminda “Mindy” Marqués González, president, publisher and executive editor, Miami Herald Media Company
- Patricia Menendez-Cambo, deputy general counsel, SoftBank International
- Darrell Payne, shareholder, Stearns Weaver Miller, PA
- Patricia Rosello, chief executive officer, Baptist Hospital
- Penny S. Shaffer, Ph.D., market president South Florida, Florida Blue
New board members elected to serve on the executive committee of the board, include:
- Frank Gonzalez, managing principal of Miami office and principal-in-charge, Audit Department, MBAF, LLC
- Carmen Sabater, chief financial officer, Quirch Foods
“Our board serves as a key player in convening and developing community leaders who share an unwavering drive to inspire change,” said Carlos Migoya, United Way board chair and president and CEO of Jackson Health System. “We’re excited to welcome new members to this group of civic and business leaders to further advance our efforts in addressing critical challenges facing individuals and families in Miami-Dade County.”
To learn more about United Way’s board, executive committee, trustees and advisory council, visit unitedwaymiami.org/board.