Pay-it-forward from Feb. 11-17 and share a photo of how you are building a #KinderMiami with @UnitedWayMiami
United Way of Miami-Dade will celebrate kindness and community by participating in National Random Acts of Kindness Week. From February 11-17, Miamians are encouraged to be kinder to one another through random acts of kindness.
Don’t know where to start? Read below to learn how to build a #KinderMiami and sign-up to pay-it-forward.
- Be Kind to Our Youth by volunteering to help students at AMIKids with homework, college applications and résumé building. AMIKids is a United Way-funded agency that gives troubled youth the opportunity to achieve their full potential. Start helping here.
- Be Kind to the Environment by growing the next generation of green thumbs. Help pack 200 environmentally friendly literacy bags with a bean growing kit. Start packing here.
- Be Kind to Our Kids by ensuring low-income children have the clothes and items they need and deserve. Choose items from our Amazon wish list to be delivered directly to United Way and distributed to our partner agencies. You can also take part of an interactive tour at Easterseals of South Florida to learn about their programming for children with disabilities and older adults. Join the tour here.
- Be Kind to Our Elders by writing a digital letter to older adults. In collaboration with United HomeCare, read shorts bios of the older adults at the organization and pick your favorite! United HomeCare is a non-profit home health and community care organization serving older adults in South Florida. Write a letter here.
- Be Kind to Our Community by donating non-perishable food and household goods or purchasing items from our Amazon wish list. All donations will benefit Feeding South Florida. Want to volunteer at Feeding South Florida? Join United Way and help sort food donations. Start volunteering here.
Participating in any random acts of kindness? Make sure to take a photo, share on social media and @UnitedWayMiami (handle for all social channels). Don’t forget to use #KinderMiami and #StrongerMiami.
For more information about volunteering, email email@example.com.