Small Business Spotlight
For this month’s Small Business Spotlight, we catch up with Trembly Law
1. Tell us about your business; and what is your business philosophy?
Trembly Law is a premier, fast-growing law firm that serves the business communities throughout Florida. One of our strengths is our proven track record working with businesses and individuals from all over Florida, the U.S., Latin America, and Europe. We believe that business owners, entrepreneurs, and job creators are the backbone of our economy. It should be no surprise that our mission statement is “Protecting the economy, one business at a time.”™ At Trembly, all matters are handled with our philosophy that “Every Client Matters”, and our services include:
- acting as outside general counsel for businesses and business owners;
- assisting businesses with various transactions;
- creating franchises or assisting people and businesses looking to purchase a franchise;
- providing employment law counsel to businesses;
- helping businesses and business owners resolve disputes both in court and out of court—whether it’s an issue between partners/owners or with third parties;
- defending businesses and business owners in court and trial;
- acting as trial counsel for business litigators without any trial experience; and
various other legal services.
2. Why are you passionate about your commitment to United Way?
The United Way provides businesses with a way to get involved with empowering the people in our community. Businesses are able to help people gain access to educational and financial literacy programs. These are the very skills that help develop future entrepreneurs and business owners that will continue to cultivate our economy. That is our passion and mission.
An ancillary benefit of being part of the United Way is the ability to interact and create synergy with like-minded leaders in the business realm.
3. How did your business get started?
The firm’s founding partner, Brett Trembly, started the firm in 2011. I joined in March of 2017, when Trembly Law Firm only had two attorneys. Today, thanks to the hard work of the firm’s leadership team, we have expanded to 10 attorneys. Our plans are to continue to flourish so we can serve and protect more businesses.
4. What is a lesson you have learned?
“Entitlement” is the most fatal mindset to success. Most people that have achieved great successes have also experienced great losses and failures. The defining characteristic of these “successful” people is that they did not succumb to the dread and humiliation of those defeats. In other words, they overcame any sense of entitlement and realized they were owed nothing. These “successful” people wore those trials and tribulations as proud badges of experience. They learned from them and continued putting one foot in front of the other; moving forward until they reached the outcome they sought.
5. What’s your favorite quote?
I have two:
” Success is never found. Failure is never fatal. Courage is the only thing.” — (Winston Churchill)
“Always forward, never back.” — (attributed to Fr. Junipero Serra)
See more Small Business Spotlights
Events by Elle (February 2020)
Hollub Homes (January 2020)
Shuffield Co. (December 2019)
ABN Law Group (November 2019)
MOWI USA (October 2019)
Benjamin Douglas (September 2019)
Canero Immigration Law Firm (August 2019)
Preemo (July 2019)
Haj Media (June 2019)
Guzman & Company and Guzman Energy (May 2019)
Dixie Landscaping (April 2019)
Title Answers (March 2019)
Munar Law (February 2019)