Small Business, Big Impact
SMALL businesses make a BIG difference.
Small businesses are the backbone of the Miami-Dade economy. As a small business owner, you are in it for the long haul. Your business is rooted in the community – and community involvement can be a valuable recruitment and retention tool for your company.
By choosing to become a United Way Small Business United member, you can build your business and employee morale. It is simple and affordable for your business to assume a place of leadership in our community. This initiative makes philanthropy easier and more rewarding for the business community in Miami.
Benefits of Membership
Employer benefits include:
- Brand exposure and recognition on social media and website
- Networking opportunities to help grow your business
- Volunteer and team building opportunities where owners can connect and engage with their employees
- Professional development opportunities including:
- Speaker series
- Business coaching
- Invitations to United Way of Miami-Dade events
Employee benefits include:
- Access to a wide range of United Way services, including:
- FamilyWize discount prescription savings program
- Free tax preparation through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Lunch and learn series
- Access to United Way of Miami-Dade funded programs
Small Business United Partners
For our first Small Business Spotlight, we catch up with Dixie Landscapes.
1. Tell us about your business; and what is your business philosophy?
We treat everyone, employees and customers, as if they are family.
2. Why are you passionate about your commitment to United Way?
We are Passionate about the United Way because they stand for what our employees need but won’t say.
3. How did your business get started?
The business was started on a chance and that led us to our people. It wasn’t expected, but it found us and we found them.
4. What is a lesson learned?
The lesson learned is trust. Trust in each other and what we have to offer each other.
5. What’s your favorite quote?
There is No favorite quote. I like to listen to what is not said. There is more there than could ever be said.
Annual Donation Levels
- Decal of support
- Social media mentions
- Company listing on unitedwaymiami.org
- Mention in United Way’s general communications
- Access to United Way’s giving communities
- Employee resources (prescription savings card, VITA tax preparation, United Way Center for Financial Stability)
- Networking events
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to all open volunteer events
- Complimentary access to the United Way Annual Meeting and Volunteer Awards
In addition to $1,000 benefits
- Membership for 2 employees in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United or Continue United
- 2 managed employee engagement opportunities
- Lunch and Learn seminars
- Complimentary access to selected events
In addition to $2,500 benefits
- Membership for 1 additional employee in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United or Continue United
- 1 additional managed employee engagement opportunity
- Preferred seating at Small Business United events
- Opportunity for additional feature in printed and/or digital assets
In addition to $5,000 benefits
- 2 additional managed employee engagement opportunities – customizable and tailored
- Membership to United Way Tocqueville Society, an influential group of business, civic and philanthropic leaders who share a passion for the community
- Opportunity to receive tickets from our donated sporting event ticket inventory