Small Business, Big Impact
Small businesses are the backbone of the Miami-Dade economy. As a small business owner, you are in it for the long haul. Your business is rooted in the community – and community involvement can be a valuable recruitment and retention tool for your company.
By choosing to become a United Way Small Business United member, you can build your business and employee morale. It is simple and affordable for your business to assume a place of leadership in our community. This initiative makes philanthropy easier and more rewarding for the business community in Miami.
Benefits of Membership
Employer benefits include:
- Brand exposure and recognition on social media and website
- Networking opportunities to help grow your business
- Volunteer and team building opportunities where owners can connect and engage with their employees
- Professional development opportunities including:
- Business Breakfast series
- Business happy hour
- Volunteer projects
- Meet & Eat networking dinner
- Business coaching
- Invitations to United Way of Miami-Dade events
Employee benefits include:
- Access to a wide range of United Way services, including:
- FamilyWize discount prescription savings program
- Free tax preparation through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Lunch and learn series
- Access to United Way of Miami-Dade funded programs
Small Business Spotlight
For this month’s Small Business Spotlight, we catch up with Hollub Homes
1. Tell us about your business; and what is your business philosophy?
We pride ourselves on being a full service boutique custom builder devoted to the highest level of client service, “hand holding” and exacting standards for a seamless and stress-free process, whether a client is building a custom home or renovating an existing home. We are devoted to our tagline “relationship built.” We believe our greatest assets are our relationships and our reputation.
2. Why are you passionate about your commitment to United Way?
We cherish our longstanding relationships with our clients and colleagues. But, even more important is our relationship within the community. We support various not for profits, and our family co-founded a not for profit to raise awareness of, and funds for, local and national breast and ovarian cancer initiatives. United Way shares our vision for giving back and has the resources to make a difference in the community and effect significant change.
3. How did your business get started?
Hollub Homes is responsible for building many of the outstanding award-winning custom homes and communities throughout South Florida. Hollub Homes began in 1954, the year Marvin Hollub built his first home in what is now the Village of Pinecrest. He sold that home for $19,000, when acre lots were approximately $4,000. Marvin still comes in to the office and his son, Harry, and grandson, Aaron, continue the Hollub legacy.
4. What is a lesson you have learned?
Relationships, integrity and transparency are the foundation for success.
5. What’s your favorite quote?
That’s easy, it’s hanging on the office wall: “Act well your part; there all the honor lies.” Alexander Pope
See more Small Business Spotlights
Shuffield Co. (December 2019)
ABN Law Group (November 2019)
MOWI USA (October 2019)
Benjamin Douglas (September 2019)
Canero Immigration Law Firm (August 2019)
Preemo (July 2019)
Haj Media (June 2019)
Guzman & Company and Guzman Energy (May 2019)
Dixie Landscaping (April 2019)
Title Answers (March 2019)
Munar Law (February 2019)
Small Business United Annual Donation Levels and Benefits
- Certificate of support
- Company listed on unitedwaymiami.org
- Mention in United Way’s general communications
- Access to United Way’s giving communities
- Networking events
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to open volunteer events
In addition to $1,000 benefits
- Logo listed on unitedwaymiami.org
- Social media mentions
- Membership for 2 employees total in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United, or Continue United
- Employee resources (FamilyWize discount card, VITA expert tax preparation, United Way Center for Financial Stability)
- 1 managed employee volunteer opportunities
- Lunch and Learn Seminars (Example topics are Money Management, How to Improve Your Credit Score, Budget 101, and Parent Resources)
- Discounted ticket packages for selected United Way events
In addition to $2,500 benefits
- Logo linked to your website
- Membership for 1 additional employee in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United, or Continue United
- 1 additional managed employee volunteer opportunity
- Opportunity for additional feature in printed and/or digital assets
- Opportunity to be highlighted at an event
- Entered into a drawing for CEO to attend the Tocqueville Society Grand Reception
- Preferred seating at Small Business United events
- Complimentary access to selected events
In addition to $5,000 benefits
- 2 additional managed employee volunteer opportunity
- Membership for one to United Way Tocqueville Society, an influential group of business, civic, and philanthropic leaders who share a passion for the community
- Opportunity to attend monthly Tocqueville Tuesday events
- Attend the Tocqueville Society Grand Reception
- Listed as a sponsor of a giving community event
- Invitation to attend Annual Meeting and Volunteer Awards
- Opportunity to receive tickets from our donated sporting event ticket inventory
Small Business United Partners
$2,500 Donation Level
$1,000 Donation Level
ABN Law Group
Accounting to Scale
Accessible Home Health Care of Aventura
Amersia Bank ANDER & Co
Applause Your Paws
Boldman and the Seas Media
Boomer Global Communications
Creatives for Creatives
Debowsky Design Group
EM Professional Services Inc.
Events by Elle
Face, Brow & Beauty Bar
Jennifer A. Marques, PA
Law Office of Nicole Alvarez
Lotus Professional Group
Lulu’s Ice Cream
Providence Healthcare Services
The OIS Group