Small Business, Big Impact
Small businesses are the backbone of the Miami-Dade economy. As a small business owner, you are in it for the long haul. Your business is rooted in the community – and community involvement can be a valuable recruitment and retention tool for your company.
By choosing to become a United Way Small Business United member, you can build your business and employee morale. It is simple and affordable for your business to assume a place of leadership in our community. This initiative makes philanthropy easier and more rewarding for the business community in Miami.
Benefits of Membership
Employer benefits include:
- Brand exposure and recognition on social media and website
- Networking opportunities to help grow your business
- Volunteer and team building opportunities where owners can connect and engage with their employees
- Professional development opportunities including:
- Business Breakfast series
- Business happy hour
- Volunteer projects
- Meet & Eat networking dinner
- Business coaching
- Invitations to United Way of Miami-Dade events
Employee benefits include:
- Access to a wide range of United Way services, including:
- FamilyWize discount prescription savings program
- Free tax preparation through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Lunch and learn series
- Access to United Way of Miami-Dade funded programs
Small Business Spotlight
For this month’s Small Business Spotlight, we catch up with ABN Law Group.
1. Tell us about your business; and what is your business philosophy?
ABN Law Group is a woman-owned law firm focusing exclusively in Family Law. Our areas of practice include divorce, alimony, child custody, timesharing, child support, paternity proceedings, negotiation and preparation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and stepparent adoptions. ABN Law Group’s philosophy of advocacy for our clients is to simultaneously explore and optimize all approaches to successful resolution, including negotiation and litigation where applicable.
All our clients receive exceptional legal representation – defined by a commitment to excellence, a keen attention to detail, and a determination to find a solution for every legal challenge.
Our lawyers enjoy a reputation as skilled negotiators and aggressive litigators and work closely with our clients to determine the most effective path to resolution. We often work with experts, including forensic accountants, real estate valuation professionals, vocational experts, and mental health professionals, to empower our clients to make the best possible decisions and ensure that all aspects of their cases are conducted fairly and in their best interests.
2. Why are you passionate about your commitment to United Way?
ABN Law Group is dedicated to giving back to the local community as individuals and as a team. We share United Way’s vision of making our community a better place to live for everyone.
3. How did your business get started?
After practicing law for almost ten years, I decided that it was time to fulfill my dream of opening my own law firm. Adelmis Bohigas-Naderpour, P.A. opened its doors on March 4, 2004 and it grew steadily before becoming ABN Law Group. ABN Law Group now has offices in Doral and Hollywood and is committed to providing quality legal representation to families in Miami-Dade and Broward county while maintaining the attention, agility, and personal touch that only a boutique law firm can provide.
4. What is a lesson you have learned?
Each family is unique and consequently, no two family law cases are exactly alike. We understand that our clients may be going through one of the most difficult times of their lives and we have learned how to help them alleviate the stress and burdens that arise from the legal proceedings while protecting their rights and ensuring that they receive the best legal representation.
5. What’s your favorite quote?
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” -Mae West.
See more Small Business Spotlights
MOWI USA (October 2019)
Benjamin Douglas (September 2019)
Canero Immigration Law Firm (August 2019)
Premo (July 2019)
Haj Media (June 2019)
Guzman & Company and Guzman Energy (May 2019)
Dixie Landscaping (April 2019)
Title Answers (March 2019)
Munar Law (February 2019)
Small Business United Annual Donation Levels and Benefits
- Certificate of support
- Company listed on unitedwaymiami.org
- Mention in United Way’s general communications
- Access to United Way’s giving communities
- Networking events
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to open volunteer events
In addition to $1,000 benefits
- Logo listed on unitedwaymiami.org
- Social media mentions
- Membership for 2 employees total in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United, or Continue United
- Employee resources (FamilyWize discount card, VITA expert tax preparation, United Way Center for Financial Stability)
- 1 managed employee volunteer opportunities
- Lunch and Learn Seminars (Example topics are Money Management, How to Improve Your Credit Score, Budget 101, and Parent Resources)
- Discounted ticket packages for selected United Way events
In addition to $2,500 benefits
- Logo linked to your website
- Membership for 1 additional employee in United Way’s giving communities: LINC, Young Leaders, Women United, or Continue United
- 1 additional managed employee volunteer opportunity
- Opportunity for additional feature in printed and/or digital assets
- Opportunity to be highlighted at an event
- Entered into a drawing for CEO to attend the Tocqueville Society Grand Reception
- Preferred seating at Small Business United events
- Complimentary access to selected events
In addition to $5,000 benefits
- 2 additional managed employee volunteer opportunity
- Membership for one to United Way Tocqueville Society, an influential group of business, civic, and philanthropic leaders who share a passion for the community
- Opportunity to attend monthly Tocqueville Tuesday events
- Attend the Tocqueville Society Grand Reception
- Listed as a sponsor of a giving community event
- Invitation to attend Annual Meeting and Volunteer Awards
- Opportunity to receive tickets from our donated sporting event ticket inventory
Small Business United Partners
$2,500 Donation Level
$1,000 Donation Level
ABN Law Group
Accessible Home Health Care of Aventura
Amersia Bank ANDER & Co
Applause Your Paws
Boldman and the Seas Media
Boomer Global Communications
EM Professional Services Inc.
Events by Elle
Face, Brow & Beauty Bar
Jennifer A. Marques, PA
Law Office of Nicole Alvarez
Lulu’s Ice Cream
Providence Healthcare Services
The OIS Group