Our Tocqueville Society is Miami at its very best – an influential group of 767 business, civic and philanthropic leaders who contributed nearly $15 million last year to improve people’s lives and our community.
Created in 1991 and named after French historian Alexis de Tocqueville who recognized, celebrated and immortalized the voluntary spirit that typifies America, the United Way of Miami-Dade Tocqueville Society brings together a distinguished group of like-minded individuals who share a keen devotion to this community and to its future generations.
Share the passion – personally and collectively – for building a stronger Miami. Join Tocqueville Society members by contributing $10,000 or more annually to United Way.
Benefits of membership
As a Tocqueville Society member, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a variety of community and social events and connect with other like-minded business, community and philanthropic leaders. Among the many benefits members enjoy:
- Exclusive invitations to annual events, such as the Annual Grand Reception appreciation event at a private home
- Personal and professional networking opportunities like our Tocqueville Tuesday monthly breakfast series. Past speakers have included Carlos Migoya, President and CEO of Jackson Health System, Jose Mas, CEO of MasTec, and Edie Rodriguez, CEO and President of Crystal Cruises
- Admittance to prestigious social and volunteer events
- In-depth briefings and first-hand looks at community challenges and solutions
- One-on-one orientation with relationship manager